The Saudi Society for Medical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (SSMMID) was established in 2004 with the head office at King Fahd Hospital of the University, Al-Khobar.
The thrust of the work of this society has been to develop theoretical & applied knowledge and to evaluate consultations with the public & private sectors, operating in accordance with the By-Laws & Rules of Scientific Societies in the Saudi Universities.
The objects of the society are:
• To develop scientific thought in the field of Microbiology & Infectious Diseases.
• To forge scientific working relationship among the members of the society.
• To provide scientific consultations in Medical Microbiology & Infectious Diseases.
• To improve scientific & professional performance of members of the society.
• To facilitate the exchange of scientific thought and ideas among the different arms of the society.